nur405 | undergraduate
Healthy Communities: Theory And Practice
This undergraduate-level course is 7 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Role of the Nurse in Community and Public Health
- Clinical: Propose how a community might address the health needs of its local residents.
- Clinical: Develop health education materials based on the needs of a family and its community.
- Clinical: Assess a community's health provision resources.
- Identify nursing roles and functions in community and public health.
- Differentiate among community, community health, community as client, and partnerships.
- Describe the evolution of community and public health nursing.
- Clinical: Assess the health needs of a family.
Composition of Communities
- Explain the impact of community partnerships on the health of a community.
- Describe the importance of cultural diversity in community and public health nursing.
- Explain epidemiology as it relates to community and public health.
- Develop interventions for families in communities using Healthy People 2020 Leading Health Indicators (LHI).
Community and Public Health
- Identify resources for community and public health needs based on community assessment findings.
- Evaluate how health is affected by family structure and roles.
- Describe how Watson’s theory of human caring guides community nursing actions.
Health Promotion, Risk Reduction, and Disease Prevention
- Analyze individual, community, and environmental issues that impact health.
- Develop an educational tool to promote health, reduce risk, and prevent disease.
- Design a health education plan to promote the health of a family and a community.
Delivery of Community and Public Health Care
- Identify issues in the delivery of community and public health care.
- Examine evidence-based research that may mitigate issues in delivery of community and public health care.
Health Care Delivery
- Explain the impact of national health care reform on direct service delivery in the community and public health setting.
Future Issues and Trends in Community and Public Health
- Identify future trends in community and public health nursing.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.