nur431 | undergraduate
Care Of The Geriatric Client
This undergraduate-level course is 5 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Concepts in Geriatric Nursing
- Discuss the IOM Report as it relates to aging.
- Examine the nurse’s role as a geriatric nurse.
- Explain the effect of the geriatric population on the continuum of care.
- Apply current theories and research related to the geriatric client.
- Describe the aging process.
- Identify the components of a comprehensive geriatric client assessment.
- Explain the effect of pharmacologic agents on the geriatric client.
Legal and Regulatory Issues
- Identify entitlement programs available for the aging population.
- Examine end-of-life care procedures and processes.
- Analyze the ethical concerns related to the geriatric client.
Health Promotion Strategies
- Examine strategies to promote health in the geriatric client.
- Explain the importance of collaboration with various stakeholders when identifying interventions and resources for the care of the geriatric client.
- Apply appropriate teaching strategies for effective geriatric client and family education.
Trends in Geriatric Nursing
- Predict future trends in caring for the geriatric client.
- Discuss research protocols used in the geriatric client population.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.