nur440cc | undergraduate
Health Assessment And Promotion For Vulnerable Populations
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Programs and Practices of Health Promotion
- Identify barriers to health care for vulnerable populations.
- Describe collaborationÂ among support personnelÂ to meet the needs of various populations.
- Discuss therapeutic communication techniques.
- Provide examples of population advocacy in health care.
- Identify available resources using data from organizations and systems.
- Identify client health expectations.
- Discuss the nurse's role in meeting the needs of various populations.
- Identify barriers to understanding vulnerable populations.
- Describe the characteristics of vulnerable populations.
- Compare definitions, nursing theories, and models, as applied to vulnerableÂ populations.
- Recognize personal and cultural attitudes and behaviorsÂ toward vulnerable populations.
- Identify transcultural considerations in assessment.
- Describe demographics of a selected vulnerable population.
- Choose an appropriate assessment tool based on a given population.
Cultural Competence, Resilience, and Advocacy
- Describe strategies to ensure culturally competent programs.
- Identify desired outcomes of health promotion interventions.
- Describe goals of Healthy People 2020, as related to vulnerable populations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.