nur464pn | undergraduate
Concepts Of Family Nursing Theory
This undergraduate-level course is 5 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Impact of Cultural Diversity
- Discuss variations among cultural groups.
- Discuss the growth of cultural diversity in the health care systems.
- Examine aspects of a nursing cultural assessment.
Foundations of Family Health Nursing
- Describe the impact of family nursing theory and research on family nursing practice.
- Explain the role of the family health nurse in promoting family health across the life span.
- Analyze the impact of the changing family and social environment on family health practices.
Assessment of the Family
- Develop a family profile using Orem's model to view family characteristics, family structure, and family function.
- Describe the purpose of a mapping as an assessment tool when profiling a family.
- Differentiate between effective and ineffective communication patterns in families.
Family Nursing Across the Life Span
- Apply structural-functional, family systems, and developmental theories to the nursing care across the life span.
- Assess the family according to Orem’s universal health care requisites, development self-care requisites, and health care deviations or deficits.
- Describe patterns of health, disease, illness, and health promotion in families across the life span of the family.
Family as Caregiver
- Discuss a family's role as caregiver.
- Identify self-care deficits of families with a family member who has a chronic, acute, and/or terminal illness.
- Develop plan of care for a family using Orem's plan.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.