nur478pn | undergraduate
Contemporary Issues And Health Policy
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Impact of Law on Professional Nursing Practice
- Discuss issues and trends affecting current nursing practice.
- Discuss the impact of the nursing shortage on professional nursing practice.
- Discuss the role of the nurse in protecting patient safety.
Access to Care and Informed Consent
- Compare and contrast the impact of Medicare and Medicaid on patient's access to care.
- Discuss the nurse's role in obtaining informed consent.
Nursing Licensure and Standards of Practice
- Describe scope of practice in a variety of health care settings.
- Describe licensure requirements for registered nurses.
- Describe state Nurse Practice Acts and their impact on professional nursing practice.
Legal Standards and Nursing Liability
- Discuss potential nursing liability issues in a variety of health care settings.
- Compare and contrast negligence and malpractice.
- Define professional ethics.
- Compare and contrast personal values and professional ethics.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.