nur482 | undergraduate
Nursing Leadership And Management In Health Care
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Leadership and Management Theory and Models
- Identify and apply models and styles of leadership as it relates to the professional role, managerial decision-making, and client advocacy.
- Evaluate organizational cultures.
- Examine personal leadership and management style.
- Differentiate between leadership and management.
Change Theory and Continuous Process Improvement
- Examine the concepts of systems theory.
- Apply change theory to clinical practice.
- Identify health care environment changes.
- Define continuous quality and process improvement.
- Define change theory and models.
Supervision and Delegation
- Identify communication patterns as a professional nurse.
- Examine problem-solving methods and decision-making models.
Managing the Work Environment
- Discuss cost containment efforts.
- Review common work environment issues.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.