nur492cc | undergraduate
Senior Practicum: Leadership And Management
This undergraduate-level course is 7 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Organizational Structure and Culture
- Identify social and cultural aspects affecting health care organizations.
- Describe the characteristics and models of organizational structures.
- Examine various organizational theories and their implications in health care.
Change Theory and Models and Evidence Based practice
- Examine the theories and stages related to planned change.
- Assess the responsibilities of leaders and managers as change agents.
- Analyze the utilization of evidence-based research to support change within the workplace.
Human Resource Management
- Describe the role of human resource management in health care.
- Identify issues related to staffing and performance evaluations.
- Determine methods to motivate and develop staff.
- Examine the factors to be considered to support safe and effective delegation.
- Identify the current health care reimbursement sources.
- Discuss the impact of health care's financial-based mandates.
- Examine the role of nursing in risk management.
- Review the types, role, and process of budgeting.
Continuous Process Improvement
- Describe the issues related to quality management in today’s health care arena.
- Explain the relationship between quality improvement and risk management, exploring the concepts of systems theory.
Changing Health Care Systems
- Describe the challenges facing nursing leadership.
- Discuss the barriers and opportunities for nursing in the future.
Leadership and Management
- Examine the theories and functions of management.
- Identify theories and styles of leadership.
- Differentiate between leadership and management roles and functions.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.