onl501 | Graduate
Technologies For Online Teaching
This graduate-level course is 4 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Introduction to Synchronous and Asynchronous Online Instruction and Tools
- Describe educational theories that support online learning and technology integration.
- Analyze the role of the educator and student in an online environment.
- Differentiate between synchronous and asynchronous instruction.
- Evaluate digital tools for synchronous and asynchronous instruction.
- Construct lessons that incorporate synchronous and asynchronous components.
- Investigate synchronous and asynchronous collaborative learning activities and digital tools.
- Compare online learning models and platforms.
Digital Projects and Products
- Identify digital tools appropriate for online teaching and learning.
- Determine strategies for integrating digital projects.
- Integrate effective digital instructional products for synchronous and asynchronous learning.
- Examine the role of social media in online learning.
Using Media to Meet Diverse Student Needs
- Identify strategies for integrating digital tools or multimedia into a virtual classroom.
- Investigate diverse learner characteristics and the effect of online learning on these learners.
- Identify tools for use in the virtual classroom that meet diverse learning needs and preferences.
Assessment Best Practices and Future Trends in the Online Environment
- Analyze assessment strategies for online learning.
- Compare properties of formative and summative assessments.
- Construct effective assessment instruments.
- Determine strategies for integrating 21st century skills in online instruction.
- Describe ways to integrate emerging trends into online instruction.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.