opshc571 | Graduate
Health Care Operations Management
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Performance and Project Management
- Evaluate performance improvement strategies using appropriate project management tools.
- Calculate breakeven points.
- Identify constraints on measurements of productivity unique to health care.
- Describe project management applications in health care to improve performance.
Supply Chain Design
- Design a supply chain to minimize waste.
- Explain the role of operations managers in materials management.
- Identify constraints on health care supply chains.
- Describe theÂ effect of implementing collaborative planning processes on supply chains.
Inventory Management and Control
- Compare and contrast just in time and stockpiling supply methods.
- Determine appropriate applications of inventory technique to items in the supply chain.
- Explain the benefits of enterprise resource planning systems.
Operations Management in Health Care
- Define operations management.
- Evaluate health care operations management roles.
- Identify goals of operations management.
- Describe theÂ effect of a pharmacy in health care operations management.
Financial Management in Health Care
- Integrate financial statements into management decision making.
- Identify the effectÂ of finances on operations management.
- Describe the constraints in health care revenue.
- Analyze the use of financial forecasting when evaluating a new service.
- Explain the purpose of process improvement proposals.
- Choose a process improvement method to improve a process performance.
- Analyze scheduling and controlling techniques.
- Identify patient flow bottlenecks using capacity planning.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.