org714 | Graduate
Organizational Theory And Design
Course Description: The history of organizational theory and design, and the three primary theories used to study organizations - classical, neoclassical, and systems theory – and the application of each theory to modern organizations are examined. Additionally, this course focuses on design issues, including organizational, departmental, and job considerations. Finally, the course examines pressing issues for current organizations, including culture, innovation, and learning.
- Examine the three primary organizational theories that provide the foundation for design, operation, and evolution of organizations.
- Design a new organizational structure to increase organizational effectiveness.
- Develop interventions for implementing organizational change initiatives.
- Propose methods to transform organizational culture to increase innovation and creativity.
- Critique factors that impact the level of organizational learning and the effectiveness of managerial decision making.
This graduate-level course is 6 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.