pared203 | undergraduate
Introduction To Paraeducators
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Roles and Responsibilities of the Paraeducator
- Identify the role and responsibilities of the paraeducator in supporting the students’ learning process.
- Identify the role and responsibilities of the paraeducator in supporting individual student needs.
- Identify the role and responsibilities of the paraeducator in supporting the school environment.
Ethical and Legal Responsibilities
- Explain the legal requirements of paraeducators.
- Explain the ethical requirements of paraeducators.
State and Local Content Standards
- Identify the state and local content standards for the population you serve.
- Determine strategies to implement state and local content standards.
Defining a Paraeducator
- Compare a paraeducator, a paraprofessional, and a teacher assistant.
- Compare terminology and definitions used in the local school districts with national terminology and definitions.
History of the Paraeducator
- Explain how the government has influenced the use of paraeducators in the school system.
- Describe the history of the role of paraeducators.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.