phl251 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Evaluate the credibility of sources.
- Explain the influences and biases behind media messages.
- Describe the impact of advertising on consumer behavior.
- Investigate sources and claims.
- Evaluate the sources and content of claims.
- Use value judgment in moral reasoning.
- Explain the elements of moral deliberation.
- Apply critical thinking skills to daily life decisions.
- Describe the fundamentals of thinking.
- Identify the need for a systematic approach to thinking.
- Explain the W.I.S.E. approach to thinking and problem solving, and how to apply the principles.
- Define critical thinking.
- Identify the common cognitive biases that affect critical thinking.
- Analyze an argument.
- Identify types of ambiguity.
- Use persuasion to write an argumentative essay.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.