phl215 | undergraduate
Philosophy: Methods And Applications
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Free Will, Determinism, Self
- Evaluate the claim of materialists that consciousness is a physical phenomenon.
- Determine the implications of physical theories of self and consciousness on moral philosophy.
- Evaluate the importance of the question of free will.
Nature of Philosophy and Metaphysics
- Identify approaches to philosophical questions.
- Define the major branches of philosophy.
- Identify metaphysical questions and approaches.
- Classify the major schools of metaphysics.
- Identify the principal issues of epistemology.
- Explain the principal issues of epistemology with their major contributors.
- Define the major schools of epistemology.
- Identify the sources and reliability of oneâs own beliefs.
- Identify the arguments for Godâs existence.
- Classify the arguments for Godâs existence into the context of metaphysical and epistemological schools.
- Identify the differences between Eastern and Western thought.
Moral/Social and Political Philosophy
- Identify the major issues of moral philosophy.
- Identify the major contributors to moral philosophy
- Demonstrate the relationships between moral, social, and political philosophy.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.