Start when you're ready
Choose an upcoming start date:
Please Note: Attendance and participation are mandatory in all University courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy in the Catalog for more information.
University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses. While widely available, not all programs are available to residents of all states. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Course level: Graduate
This course prepares students to lead a project to successful conclusion. Students will create a plan to lead change during project execution. Other topics include integrated change control, work breakdown structures, human resource planning, performance reporting, managing stakeholders, negotiation, conflict resolution, and cultural diversity.
This graduate level course requires proof of completion of a Bachelor's degree. Be prepared to provide documentation during the checkout process.
What you'll learn
Course skills and outcomes
- Evaluate strategies used to lead diverse teams
- Develop a project management strategy that applies effective negotiation tools and techniques.
- Create a plan to mitigate conflict within a project team.
- Create and implement a work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Create a project organization chart.
- Determine project team roles based on the project organization chart and WBS.
- Determine stakeholder reporting needs.
- Create a communications management plan.
- Develop a change management system.
- Demonstrate methods used to lead change during project execution.
- Assess metrics used to evaluate performance.
- Create performance reports for stakeholders.