psy103 | undergraduate
Introduction To Psychology
topic title goes here
Introduction to Psychology
- Describe the development of the discipline of psychology.
- Compare research methods used to examine psychological phenomena.
- Explain biological influences on the human brain.
Awareness and Learning
- Identify the processes related to sensing and perceiving information from the environment.
- Describe factors that influence states of human consciousness.
- Distinguish between different types of learning.
Remembering, Feeling, and Thinking
- Describe influences on memory functions.
- Explain the relationships between motivation, emotion, and behavior.
- Evaluate major theories of emotion.
- Summarize the relationships between thinking, intelligence, and creativity.
Development: Physical and Self
- Describe influences on physical and cognitive development.
- Explain theories of social, moral, and personality development.
- Compare personality theories.
Psychological Health and the Social Context
- Explain the role of biological influences on physical and mental health.
- Evaluate the role of various therapies in treating maladaptive behavior or mental illness.
- Identify social influences on human thought, feelings, and behavior.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.