topic title goes here
Early and Middle Adulthood
- Examine early and middle adulthood development of an individual in relationship to their psychological adjustment to aging and life style.
- Explore various roles acquired in early and middle adulthood.
- Examine physical, cognitive, and socioemotional development in early and middle adulthood.
Evaluate the concept of emerging adulthood.
Late Adulthood and the End of Life
- Evaluate ways to promote continued wellness and mitigate declining health associated with aging.
- Explore the ways in which death and dying are viewed at different points in human development and by different cultures.
- Examine physical, cognitive, and socioemotional development in late adulthood.
Middle Childhood and Adolescence
- Analyze pressures often faced in adolescence, such as peer pressure, substance use and abuse, dating, sexuality, and changes within family relationships.
- Examine physical, cognitive, and socioemotional development in middle childhood and adolescence.
- Describe changes in peer relationships in middle childhood and adolescence.
- Examine aspects of adolescent egocentrism.
Human Development: Basic Concepts, Methods, and Biological Beginnings
- Explain the life span perspective of development.
- Summarize theories of life span development.
- Explain how heredity and the environment interact to produce individual differences in development.
Infancy and Early Childhood
- Examine physical, cognitive, and socioemotional development in infancy and early childhood.
- Explain how families affect the development of infants and young children.
- Evaluate the different parenting styles and their influence on development during infancy and early childhood.
- Discuss early childhood education and its influence on cognitive development.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.