psy203 | undergraduate
Foundations Of Psychology
topic title goes here
Psychological Disorders, Methods of Treatment, and Social Psychology
- Explain the main concepts of the major methods of treatment for psychological disorders.
- Explain the components of social perceptions.
- Explain the effects of group influences on performance and decision making.
- Describe different types of psychological disorders.
Psychological Concepts, Sensation, and Perception
- Differentiate between the major psychological perspectives.
- Describe the research methods and ethical issues involved in psychological research.
- Explain the biological components involved in influencing behavior.
- Contrast the components of sensation and perception.
Learning, Memory, and Cognition
- Identify the key concepts of classical and operant conditioning as they relate to learning.
- Identify the basic processes and types of memory.
- Describe the major theories and measures of intelligence.
Motivation, Emotion, and Human Development
- Explain the biological and psychological theories of motivation.
- Describe the major theories of emotion.
- Contrast the physical, psychosocial, cognitive, and moral theories of development.
Stress, Health, and Personality
- Describe the effects of stress on the body and applicable management techniques.
- Identify Freudâs psychosexual stages of development and defense mechanisms.
- Compare Freudâs psychoanalytic theory with other contemporary psychodynamic theories.
- Compare the social cognitive and humanistic perspectives on personality.
- Explain the basic components of personality testing.
Please ask about these special rates:
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.