psy203 | undergraduate
Foundations Of Psychology
topic title goes here
Psychological Disorders, Methods of Treatment, and Social Psychology
- Explain the main concepts of the major methods of treatment for psychological disorders.
- Explain the components of social perceptions.
- Explain the effects of group influences on performance and decision making.
- Describe different types of psychological disorders.
Psychological Concepts, Sensation, and Perception
- Differentiate between the major psychological perspectives.
- Describe the research methods and ethical issues involved in psychological research.
- Explain the biological components involved in influencing behavior.
- Contrast the components of sensation and perception.
Learning, Memory, and Cognition
- Identify the key concepts of classical and operant conditioning as they relate to learning.
- Identify the basic processes and types of memory.
- Describe the major theories and measures of intelligence.
Motivation, Emotion, and Human Development
- Explain the biological and psychological theories of motivation.
- Describe the major theories of emotion.
- Contrast the physical, psychosocial, cognitive, and moral theories of development.
Stress, Health, and Personality
- Describe the effects of stress on the body and applicable management techniques.
- Identify Freudâs psychosexual stages of development and defense mechanisms.
- Compare Freudâs psychoanalytic theory with other contemporary psychodynamic theories.
- Compare the social cognitive and humanistic perspectives on personality.
- Explain the basic components of personality testing.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.