psy210 | undergraduate
Introduction To Psychology: Why We Do What We Do
topic title goes here
Influence of Psychology
- Discuss career possibilities for individuals with a degree in psychology.
- Examine the influence psychology has on personality, relationships, and social perceptions.
Psychology and Adjustment
- Identify how psychology explains human behavior.
- Discuss methods of maximizing the college experience.
- Describe research methods used by psychologists.
- Evaluate reactions to stress.
- Discuss moderators of stress.
- Identify sources of stress.
Psychological Factors and Health
- Describe the physical, emotional, and cognitive effects of stress.
- Identify psychological factors which can affect health.
- Discuss how psychology has contributed to the treatment of various physical health problems.
- Compare and contrast various personality theories.
- Discuss the use of personality tests.
Psychological Disorders and Therapies
- Summarize the types of therapies used in treating psychological disorders.
- Explain how psychological disorders are classified.
- Describe major psychological disorders and the causal factors for each.
- Compare and contrast self-concept, self-esteem, and self-identity.
- Describe variables that influence one's social perception.
- Identify factors that influence persuasion and conformity.
Changes: Adolescence through Adulthood
- Describe common changes associated with each stage of development from adolescence through late adulthood.
- Compare and contrast parenting styles and their effects on children.
- Outline the sexual response cycle for males and females.
- Discuss types of sexual dysfunctions and their treatment.
Attraction, Relationships, and Communication
- Summarize Sternberg's theory of love.
- Identify which traits are considered attractive in a partner.
- Examine the five stages of Levinger's relationship model.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.