psy320 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
Interface of Motivation Theory and Productivity
- Apply the impact of various motivational theories across workplace situations.
- Assess the impact of various motivational theories on both managers and employees.
- Describe how motivation affects productivity in the workplace.
Intrinsic Motivation and Quality of Work
- Explore the nature of intrinsic motivation.
- Contrast intrinsic and extrinsic motivation.
- Describe how the concepts of quality of work, self-management, and a sense of choice impact motivation.
Historical Background of Motivational Psychology
- Describe key concepts from the major historical theories of motivation.
- Identify the need for new models of motivation in today's changing workplace.
- Identify human needs and their relationship to motivation.
- Calculate the appropriateness of different reward systems on employee motivation.
- Explore the relationship between employee needs and effective rewards.
Goal Theory and Goal-Setting
- Examine the underlying principles and concepts of goal theory.
- Explore the applications of goal-setting in the workplace.
- Assess the impact of goal-setting on employee motivation.
Applying Motivational Principles
- Synthesize motivational theory into practical business applications.
- Evaluate the relationship of motivation theory to the discipline of management.
- Integrate additional factors that can affect motivation, including leadership, trust, corporate culture, interpersonal skills, and the impact on customer satisfaction.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.