psy425 | undergraduate
Chemical Dependency In The Workplace
topic title goes here
Substance Abuse in the Workplace
- Describe the key characteristics and benefitsÂ of a drug-free workplace.
- Determine the prevalence of illicit drug users within the employed population of the United States.
- Evaluate the effect of drug abuse in the workplace in terms of absenteeism, accidents, downtime, turnover, theft, morale, and productivity.
Legal and Ethical Issues Relating to Workplace Drug Use, Recognition, Detection, Treatment, Prevention, and Education
- Determine legal issues related to workplace drug testing.
- Evaluate the ethical and legal considerations of workplace prevention and education programs.
- Explore the ethical implications of mandatory drug education in the workplace.
Drug Treatment Programs
- Explain employee assistance programs.
- Compare inpatient and outpatient treatment programs.
- Explain treatment modalities such as individual therapy, group therapy, didactics, family therapy, spiritual or religious therapy, and psychotherapy.
- Identify the characteristics of successful substance abuse treatment programs.
Societal Patterns and Trends in Drug Use
- Identify past and current trends of drug abuse in the United States.
- Outline the cultural appropriateness of specific drug use, such as for medicinal or religious reasons.
- Analyze health and social problems in the United States related to drug use and addiction.
Drug Use, Abuse, Dependence, and Addiction
- Identify drugs of abuse, modes of use, addiction potential, effects of use, and withdrawal symptoms.
- Explain the psychology and physiology of addiction.
- Examine how drug use affects families when one or more members abuse drugs.
- Explain how prescription drugs can be abused and lead to addiction.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.