psych655 | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Reliability, Validity, and Standardized Scores in Tests and Measurements
- Differentiate between the types of validity.
- Explain the criteria for using standardized scores.
- Demonstrate the use of standard scores.
- Determine the appropriate scale of measurement in assessment.
- Differentiate between the types of reliability.
Intelligence and Achievement Assessment
- Evaluate the influence of the definitions of intelligence on intelligence testing.
- Evaluate the validity of measurements of intelligence.
- Explain the various roles of assessment in education.
- Differentiate between intelligence and achievement assessments.
- Conduct a utility analysis.
- Explain the development process of cut-off scores in psychological testing and assessment.
- Evaluate various approaches for scaling psychological constructs.
- Analyze methods of item selection for psychological testing and assessment.
Personality and Workplace Assessment
- Analyze the relationship between the major theories of personality and assessments of personality.
- Describe the application of psychological assessments in the workplace.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of personality assessment methods.
Clinical and Neuropsychological Assessment
- Describe the impact of ethical and cultural issues on clinical or counseling assessment.
- Explain the use of neuropsychological assessment instruments.
Foundations of Psychological Testing and Assessment
- Explain the use of psychological testing terminology.
- Evaluate the assumptions of psychological testing and assessment.
- Analyze the cultural and legal issues of psychological testing and assessment.
- Explain the importance of norms in psychological testing and assessment.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.