psych525 | Graduate
Measurements And Statistics
topic title goes here
Intelligence and Educational Assessment
- Critique the major definitions of intelligence.
- Evaluate measurements of intelligence.
- Compare and contrast intelligence and achievement assessments.
Neuropsychological and Workplace Assessment
- Explain how neuropsychological instruments are used to assess disability or neurological dysfunction.
- Describe the purposes and uses of psychological assessments in the workplace.
Overview of Measurement and Statistical Applications
- Explain the effect of historical events on the development of psychological testing.
- Evaluate test results using the normal distribution.
- Classify data using scales of measurement.
- Describe data using standard deviation, t-scores, z-scores, and correlation.
- Analyze the relationship between the major theories of personality and assessments of personality.
- Analyze the ethical considerations associated with personality assessments.
Reliability and Validity
- Explain how legal issues can be related to psychological assessment.
- Compare and contrast the four types of reliability.
- Compare and contrast the four types of validity.
- Analyze test bias and the ethical implications of bias for diverse populations.
- Prepare an instrument that measures a particular construct.
- Analyze the approaches used to develop psychological tests.
- Analyze methods of item selection and item performance evaluation.
- Evaluate various approaches for scaling psychological constructs.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.