psych538 | Graduate
Lifespan Development And Learning
topic title goes here
- Analyze social learning and its affect on humans throughout all developmental stages
Motivation and Affect
- Describe the theories of motivation on human development
- Identify the key concepts of motivation and affect
- Apply the ways by which motivation and affect impact the learning process both in and out of the classroom
Impact of Technology on Learning Theories
- Compare and contrast how technology influences social development
- Describe the effects of technology on instruction
- Analyze the impact of technology on the learning process
- Analyze developmental theory in the context of learning stages and processes
- Analyze the effect of cognitive events on the learning process
Thinking Skills and Problem-Solving Methods
- Analyze a variety of thinking skills and problem-solving methods
- Identify strategies associated with thinking skills and problem-solving methods that are useful in facilitating learning in the classroom
Information Processing Models
- Analyze memory and human information processing models
- Identify techniques related to memory and human information processing models that can be successfully applied in the classroom
Historical Overview of Human Development and Learning Theories
- Examine the historical perspectives of early learning theories
- Examine prevailing theories of human development
- Evaluate the extent to which classical and operant conditioning are utilized in the classroom
- Analyze the effectiveness of classical and operant conditioning in changing student behavior, attitudes, and learning achievement
- Analyze the effects of aversive stimuli on learning and behavior
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.