psych545 | Graduate
Survey Of Professional Psychology
topic title goes here
Informed Consent, Assessment, Testing, and Diagnosis
- Evaluate that legal issues associated with assessment, testing, and diagnosis in the field of psychology.
- Explain the role of competence in professional psychology.
- Analyze the legal issues related to informed consent and refusal.
- Explain the importance of maintaining confidentiality in the therapeutic relationship.
- Evaluate the influence of legislation on professional psychology.
The Future of Professional Psychology
- Examine the future of professional psychology in contemporary society.
- Analyze the influence of special populations on the field of professional psychology.
Personal and Professional Ethics in Psychology
- Analyze the relationship between personal and professional ethics.
- Explain the importance of professional ethical standards and codes in the field of psychology.
- Evaluate the influence of the American Psychological Association’s (APA) ethical standards on professional practice in the field of psychology.
Ethical Decision Making in Psychology
- Explain the importance of ethical decision making in professional psychology.
- Apply the steps in ethical decision making to an ethics issue in professional psychology.
Professional Issues in Psychology
- Analyze the concept of dual relationships in professional psychology.
- Discuss the challenges presented by boundary issues in professional psychology.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.