psych626 | Graduate
Elements Of Health Psychology And Behavioral Health
This graduate-level course is 6 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Health Psychology Research Methods
- Describe the objectives and methods of epidemiological research.
- Explain the differences between descriptive, experimental, epidemiological, and meta-analytic studies.
- Apply epidemiological methods in analyzing a specific case study of diversity and health.
Historical Views of Health and Illness
- Analyze the evolution of the biomedical model from psychoanalytic theory to psychosomatic medicine.
- Describe the changes in views of health and illness from ancient times to the early 20th century.
- Describe the early development of behavioral medicine and its relationship to health psychology.
The Biopsychosocial Model in Behavioral Health
- Assess the biopsychosocial model and the efficacy of applying this model to behavioral health.
- Define and compare the biological, psychological, and social contexts of the model.
- Describe the sociocultural and gender perspectives of the model.
Evidenced-based Research and Critical Thinking
- Examine the process of critical thinking.
- Explain the implications of unscientific thinking.
- Explain the methods used to evaluate scientific evidence.
- Evaluate the importance of critical thinking and the evidence-based approach.
Effects of Ethnicity, Gender, and Socioeconomic Status
- Analyze the interaction of race, gender, and socioeconomic class among diverse populations.
- Describe the unique status and vulnerabilities faced by members of diverse populations.
- Evaluate health disparities related to ethnicity, gender, and socioeconomic status.
Biological Foundations of Behavioral Health
- Demonstrate ability to scientifically analyze a case study in behavioral health.
- Analyze the effect of biology on healthy living and the effect of healthy lifestyle choices on biology.
- Describe the functions of the body’s various biological systems.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.