psych660 | Graduate
Ethics And Professional Issues
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Resolving Ethical and Competence-Related Issues
- Determine actions that are ethically required when psychological assessment materials are misused.
- Analyze the ethical conflicts related to psychological assessment in forensic cases.
- Evaluate ethical resolution processes that pertain to conflicting organizational interests.
The APA Ethics Code and Decision Making Process
- Explain the APA Ethics Code decision-making process.
- Discriminate between the use of aspirational principles and enforceable standards.
Standards on Assessment and Therapy
- Determine the criteria that must be met for ethical termination of therapy.
- Evaluate ethical considerations relating to informed consent of vulnerable populations.
- Justify the selection process of culture-neutral assessments.
Standards on Education, Training, Research, and Publication
- Determine whether case studies meet internal review board guidelines.
- Apply the ethical guidelines of professional supervision of trainees in professional psychology programs to a specific case study.
- Evaluate the implications of unethical disclosure of client information.
Standards on Public Statements and Record-keeping
- Justify decisions based on the ethical guidelines for maintaining research records.
- Evaluate the ethical considerations of expert testimony as they relate to preserving the rights of the client.
- Apply ethical standards for maintaining, disseminating, and disposing confidential records.
Dealing with Standards on Human Relations, Privacy, and Confidentiality
- Explain the purpose of informed consent.
- Determine behavior and activities that constitute violations of professional boundaries.
- Evaluate the ethicality of dual relationships.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.