qnt275 | undergraduate
Statistics For Decision Making
topic title goes here
Basic Probability and Random Variables
- Describe a random variable and its characteristics.
- Create and interpret probability distributions.
- Determine events (mutually exclusive and independent), Venn diagram, contingency table, and tree diagrams.
- Differentiate between discrete, continuous, and conditional probability.
Normal Distribution and Central Limit Theorem
- Describe the purpose and characteristics of the normal curve.
- Use the normal curve to find probabilities.
- Summarize sampling error.
- Create and interpret confidence intervals for the mean.
- Define the role of central limit theorem.
- Differentiate between type I and type II errors.
- Describe hypothesis testing.
- Calculate and interpret hypothesis tests for the difference between two means.
- Interpret data analysis results to reach conclusions.
- Create and interpret chi-square tests.
- Calculate and interpret linear regression: line of best fit, correlation coefficient, and outliers.
Introduction to Descriptive Statistics
- Recognize and define key terms: element, variable, observation, data set, quantitative, qualitative, discrete, continuous variables.
- Apply probability and non-probability sampling methods.
- Create and interpret frequency tables, interpret graphs, histograms and box plots.
- Differentiate between quantitative and qualitative data and levels of measurement.
- Understand quartiles, percentiles, central tendency and variability.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.