qnt351 | undergraduate
Quantitative Analysis For Business
topic title goes here
Probability Concepts and Probability Distributions
- Evaluate the mean and variance of probability distributions.
- Summarize the role and application of the binomial distribution.
- Explain probability and why it is useful in making business decisions.
- Analyze different approaches to assigning probability.
- Identify the different probability distributions.
- Contrast the difference between discrete and continuous random variables.
Sampling Distribution and Confidence Interval Estimation
- Apply normal distribution to calculate probabilities and expected values.
- Analyze normal distribution to find probabilities and determining values.
- Evaluate confidence interval estimation of means and proportions.
- Describe confidence interval estimation of means and proportions.
- Define a hypothesis.
- Apply the six-step process for testing a hypothesis.
- Understand the difference between a one-tailed and two-tailed test of significance.
- Interpret results using the p-value approach.
- Test hypotheses for means (sigma known and unknown).
Meaning of Statistics and Graphical Techniques
- Examine the role of statistics and how they are useful for making managerial decisions.
- Employ key research and statistical concepts â population versus sample, descriptive statistics versus inferential statistics, parameter versus sample statistic, categorical and continuous variables, levels of measurement, and qualitative versus quantitative data.
- Contrast the various probability and non-probability sampling methods.
- Evaluate tables and charts that organize and display quantitative versus qualitative business data.
Describing Data Using Numerical Techniques
- Discuss various measures of central tendency â mean, median, and mode.
- Employ various measures of variation â range, variance, and standard deviation.
- Examine skewness of a distribution.
- Interpret percentiles, quartiles, and the five-number summary.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.