qnt575 | Graduate
Measurement, Evaluation, And Ethics In Research
topic title goes here
Ethical Issues Related to Educational Research
- Examine the elements of the American Psychological Association’s (APA) written code of ethics.
- Outline guidelines for conducting research using human subjects.
- Examine the ethical ramifications of using the Internet to transport and store school, student/employee, and personal data.
- Examine ethical considerations when publishing reports of a research study.
- Define ethics in relation to educational research.
- Analyze the impact of technology on the ethical practice of research.
- Examine the need for ethics in educational research.
- Analyze examples of research involving legal, ethical, or human relation issues.
- Identify appropriate calculations for central tendency, variability, and skewness.
- Construct varied non-parametric and parametric charts and graphs using computer software.
- Examine the purpose of descriptive statistics.
- Review the elements of effective tables, charts, and graphs.
- Analyze uses for z-scores when conducting quantitative research.
- Examine the use of correlational statistics in quantitative research.
- Determine the appropriate use of the following statistical procedures for various research purposes: t-test, one-way ANOVA, regression, and chi-square.
- Identify the rationale for using null and alternative hypotheses.
- Analyze data using the Microsoft® Excel® program for t-test, regression, and chi-square.
Organizing, Analyzing, and Interpreting Data
- Identify various rationales for conducting quantitative or qualitative research in educational settings.
- Define quantitative research.
- Examine the role of a hypothesis in quantitative research.
- Define qualitative research.
- Analyze the significance of various sampling methods in quantitative research.
- Compare and contrast methods of collecting different types of data in quantitative research.
Qualitative Research in Education
- Examine the role of problem formulation in qualitative research.
- Analyze methods of collecting data in qualitative research.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.