qntx562 | Graduate
Data Analysis For Public Policy And Management
This graduate-level course is 6 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Data Sources and Data Collection
- Extract secondary data from online databases.
- Design a survey administration plan.
- Identify ethical issues associated with data collection.
Statistics for Description
- Use statistics that summarize, organize, and present data.
- Conduct hypothesis tests of statistical significance as a quantitative means of answering research questions.
- Describe how research findings may be used in policy argumentation.
Statistics for Explanation
- Use correlation to calculate the degree of association among multivariate data items.
- Use regression to forecast future values of multivariate data items.
Communicating Research Findings in a Policy Framework
- Prepare a policy memo using research findings.
- Make a presentation of research findings.
Validity and Reliability and Their Importance to Policy Research
- Explain methods of structuring policy problems for analysis.
- Identify validity and reliability issues in the measurement of variables.
- Differentiate adequate and inadequate sampling plans for policy research.
Research Design and Its Importance to Public Policy
- Create clearly stated research questions.
- Identify forms of policy analysis and associated practices.
- Select between descriptive and explanatory research designs for various forms of policy analysis.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.