rdg535 | Graduate
Diagnosis & Remediation Of Reading Difficulties
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Differentiated Reading Instruction
- Analyze different types of literacy settings/learning environments for differentiating reading, writing, and spelling instruction
- Examine various pedagogical strategies to address diverse learning styles
Formal and Informal Reading Assessments
- Explain the differences between formal and informal reading assessments
- Examine formal and informal instruments that assess the following: phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency, comprehension, writing, and spelling
- Analyze results of formal and informal reading assessments
- Analyze methods/strategies for communicating assessment information to students, parents, teachers, and professionals
Strategies for Instructional Intervention and Remediation
- Relate the use of formal and informal assessments for designing effective instructional plans
- Select appropriate reading texts to meet the instructional needs of a student
- Identify strategies for remediation in the following areas: phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency, comprehension, writing, and spelling
- Apply the results of formal and informal assessments for the development of instructional plans
- Examine the use of a multi-tiered model for instruction and intervention using classroom, school and district resources
Diagnosis of Reading Difficulties
- Identify reading difficulties that students experience, including students with disabilities and English Language Learners
- Examine factors that contribute to reading difficulties
Stages of Reading Development
- Examine each stage of reading development
- Relate the reading process to the stages of reading development
- Analyze issues that impact reading development at each stage
- Examine issues related to the reading development of English Language Learners (ELL) and students with disabilities
Factors Impacting Reading Ability
- Identify factors that impact reading ability
- Analyze the relationship between reading and writing development and skills
- Analyze the relationship between reading and spelling development and skills
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.