rdng503 | Graduate
Diagnosis And Remediation
This graduate-level course is 4 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Instruction for Vocabulary, Comprehension, and Writing
- Determine research-based strategies to facilitate comprehension.
- Evaluate instructional routines for learners challenged by text materials in the content areas.
- Analyze writing strategies that support comprehension in the content areas.
- Describe the process of learners acquiring vocabulary.
Overview of Reading and Writing Difficulties
- Compare the characteristics of struggling readers to those of proficient readers.
- Explain how educational and non-educational factors can impact reading growth.
- Identify the characteristics of response to intervention, and how they relate to the diagnosis, assessment, and remediation of struggling readers.
- Identify principles of research-based assessment, diagnosis, and intervention.
Assessment, Diagnosis, and Intervention
- Identify the principles of effective assessment.
- Determine record-keeping methods for informal assessments.
- Analyze formal assessments used for progress monitoring and placement.
- Examine the factors that must be considered when evaluating assessments.
- Compare the characteristics and functions of Tiers I, II, and III interventions.
- Identify the elements of an assessment report with recommended interventions.
- Examine the importance of communicating the results of literacy assessments and placement decisions to stakeholders.
- Evaluate the importance of continuous assessment and progress monitoring.
Instruction for Early Literacy
- Analyze research-based programs for early literacy.
- Examine the effectiveness of research-based routines for decoding and word analysis.
- Describe the essential components of early literacy.
- Examine early intervention and identify who is most in need of it.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.