rdng512 | Graduate
Research Foundations Of Language And Literacy
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Research on the Expansion of Literacy; How Research Informs Literacy Instruction
- Describe the effect of research on decision-making, literacy teaching practices, and instructional materials.
- Develop a plan for integrating research into instructional planning.
- Utilize research to create a plan for managing a learner-centered literacy classroom.
- Discuss research concerning the development of vocabulary and comprehension knowledge.
- Identify critical issues concerning struggling readersâ difficulties in acquiring and expanding their vocabulary and comprehension skills and strategies.
- Examine the benefits of using electronic texts in the classroom to enhance vocabulary and reading comprehension.
Perspectives on Language and Literacy Research
- Analyze historical, political, and public policy influences on language and literacy research.
- Compare and contrast methods of educational research.
- Infer how literacy research can be applied to best practices in the classroom.
Research on Sociocultural Influences on Literacy Development and Instruction
- Review sociocultural influences on literacy.
- Synthesize research on critical issues related to sociocultural factors and literacy instruction.
- Identify connections between research on sociocultural influences on literacy and best practices in the classroom.
Research on the Development of Literacy and Models of the Reading and Writing Process
- Analyze research and theories focusing on the initial phases of early readersâ acquisition of literacy.
- Evaluate research related to early readersâ individual differences in acquiring literacy.
- Compare and contrast models of the reading and writing processes.
- Describe how models of the reading and writing processes affect instructional decision making.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.