read504 | Graduate
Theoretical And Research Foundations Of Lang. And Literacy
This graduate-level course is 6 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Perspectives on Language and Literacy Research
- Compare and contrast methods of educational research.
- Infer how literacy research can be applied to best practices in the classroom.
- Analyze historical, political, and public policy influences on language and literacy research.
Research on Sociocultural Influences on Literacy Development and Instruction
- Review sociocultural influences on literacy.
- Synthesize research on critical issues related to sociocultural factors and literacy instruction.
- Identify connections between research on sociocultural influences on literacy and best practices in the classroom.
Research on the Development of Literacy
- Examine research on the relationships between language development and literacy growth.
- Analyze research and theories focusing on the initial phases of young children's acquisition of literacy.
- Identify critical issues concerning early readers’ individual differences in the acquisition of literacy.
- Prepare recommendations for teachers, based on research findings.
Research on Models of the Reading and Writing Process
- Compare and contrast models of the reading process.
- Compare and contrast models of the writing process.
- Describe how models of these processes affect instructional decision making.
Research on the Expansion of Literacy
- Discuss research concerning the development of vocabulary and comprehension knowledge.
- Identify critical issues concerning struggling readers’ difficulties in acquiring and expanding their vocabulary and comprehension skills and strategies.
- Examine research on learning from different types of texts.
- Analyze research related to e-literacy.
- Prepare instructional recommendations for teachers, based on research findings.
How Research Informs Literacy Instruction
- Describe the impact of research on decision-making, literacy teaching practices, and instructional materials.
- Develop a plan for integrating research into instructional planning.
- Utilize research to create a plan for managing a learner-centered literacy classroom.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.