rel133 | undergraduate
World Religious Traditions I
topic title goes here
Daoism, Confucianism, and Shinto
- Describe the early Daoist teachers.
- Explain basic Daoist teachings.
- Characterize the ideal society according to Confucius.
- Illustrate the influence of the natural world on Shinto belief and practice.
Religion in the Modern World
- Describe common characteristics of Eastern religions.
- Analyze the interaction between the modern world and the Eastern religious traditions.
The Nature of Religion
- Describe the common elements of religion.
- Identify issues in the study of religion.
- Describe the sacred in indigenous traditions.
Hinduism and Jainism
- Explain the basic Hindu concepts.
- Describe the types of devotional Hinduism.
- Compare Hinduism with Jainism.
- Describe significant moments in the Buddha’s life.
- Explain the basic Buddhist teachings.
- Describe the three major Buddhist traditions (Theravada, Mahayana, and Vajrayana).
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.