res320 | undergraduate
Foundations Of Research
topic title goes here
- Describe the value of research and its role in the development and implementation of a management strategy.
- Demonstrate ways in which research methodologies can be used to improve productivity and increase customer satisfaction.
- Describe the various sampling techniques presented in this course.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of various sampling techniques for a research application.
- Define the target population of a research project.
- Discuss the advantages or disadvantages of the various types of probability and nonprobability sampling techniques.
- Choose an appropriate sample design for a research application.
- Evaluate which research method is appropriate for a given research application.
Ethics in Research
- Discuss ethical issues such as deception, privacy, and advocacy research.
- Relate the rights and obligations of the client sponsor and the respondent to the research project.
- Determine the potential for ethical problems at various points during the research process.
Scaling and Question Design
- Distinguish between nominal, ordinal, interval, and ratio scales.
- Describe the characteristics of a well-constructed questionnaire.
- Discuss differences among ranking, rating, and multiple-choice attitude scales.
- Design an attitude scale for a research project.
- Define criteria for good measurement in research.
Data Analysis Methods and Report Writing
- Describe different techniques for summarizing, rearranging, ordering, and manipulating data.
- Construct a research report using the appropriate sections required for good report writing.
- Integrate an oral presentation with a written report.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.