res714 | Graduate
Quantitative Methods And Statistical Analyses
This course is designed to provide students with an overview of quantitative research approaches and their application to decision making in complex organizations. Various methodologies for data collection and statistical analyses will be discussed, with an emphasis on the ways in which quantitative analyses are utilized in professional settings.
- Demonstrate understanding of fundamentals of quantitative data analysis procedures, which include: descriptive and inferential statistical procedures; assumptions—what they measure— and their appropriateness to different types of research designs and data commonly used in institutional and organizational research.
- Demonstrate understanding of fundamentals of quantitative methods and their applications to different types of research problems within organizations.
- Demonstrate understanding of fundamentals of quantitative research designs, how they differ, and their appropriateness to different types of educational problems.
- Identify knowledge gaps in a selected subfield of study, synthesize relevant information, and formulate focused quantitative research questions to address these gaps to expand the body of knowledge in the field of study.
- Demonstrate understanding of applied research within organizations and how the results of quantitative research can inform decision-making, policy-making, and programming.
- Critique published research in the field of study that implements and reports research designs.
- Demonstrate understanding of ethical implications and human subjects policy associated with research endeavors in the field of study.
This graduate-level course is 8 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.