res715 | Graduate
- Demonstrate understanding of fundamentals of qualitative methods and their applications to different types of research problems within organizations.
- Demonstrate understanding of fundamentals of qualitative research designs including ethnography, grounded theory, case studies, discourse analysis, and phenomenology. Describe how these designs differ, and apply their appropriateness to different types of organizational problems.
- Demonstrate understanding of fundamentals of qualitative data collection and data analysis procedures commonly used in organizational research, and evaluate their appropriateness to different types of qualitative research designs and data.
- Coordinate the principles of sorting, organizing, and indexing qualitative data manually and with computer-assisted models.
- Identify knowledge gaps in a selected subfield of research, synthesize relevant information, and formulate focused qualitative research questions to address these gaps to expand the body of knowledge.
- Demonstrate understanding of applied qualitative research in organizations and how the results of qualitative research can be used to support informed decision-making, policy-making, and programming.
- Recognize the importance of the philosophical underpinnings of qualitative research, including familiarity with seminal researchers in the field.
- Critique published qualitative research in your field of study.
- Demonstrate understanding of the ethical implications and human subjects’ policy, including familiarity with seminal— researchers in the field.
This graduate-level course is 8 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.