res723 | Graduate
Advanced Statistical Research Methods And Design
The course builds on the learner’s foundational knowledge in research methods and statistics. The importance of how to select appropriate measures for a study, different research designs - experimental, quasi-experimental, and correlational, and threats to reliability and validity are discussed.
- Explain the nature of the quantitative research method and the application of appropriate quantitative research designs to a research problem.
- Apply appropriate knowledge, theories, analytical skills, research design and methodology in a substantive interest area.
- Determine appropriate sampling approaches, sample size, and statistical power in research studies.
- Distinguish among types of variables and levels of measurement.
- Compare quantitative data collection techniques and instrumentation and their application in research studies.
- Evaluate the reliability and validity of instrumentation and the need to pilot test new or modified instruments.
- Align descriptive and inferential statistical procedures with appropriate types of research designs, levels of measurement, and data.
- Evaluate the internal and external validity concerns in research studies.
- Demonstrate understanding of how to present research findings.
This graduate-level course is 8 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.