schc562 | Graduate
Student Vocational Development And Career Counseling
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Foundations of Career Development and Counseling
- Explain the historical effects of economic, technological, social, and political trends on career counseling services.
- Examine the most influential theories and models of career development.
- Describe the need for career development services.
Resources for Career Exploration and Development
- Use a computerized information delivery system (CIDS) to aid in counseling a student.
- Explain criteria and organizational plans for a well organized career resource center in a school.
Career Assessment Tools
- Analyze career assessment instruments to determine which would be the most valuable in counseling a student.
- Analyze ethical and legal considerations of assessments in career counseling.
Career Counseling in Schools
- Analyze the curriculum of career counseling in elementary, middle or junior high, and high schools to ensure it meets students’ developmental needs.
- Examine the role of career guidance as a part of the comprehensive counseling model adopted by many states and schools.
- Utilize national and state student standards to assist in planning student education and career paths.
Education and Career Planning
- Analyze labor market classification systems, career resources, and occupational trends.
- Examine job placement strategies and tools for use in school guidance programs.
- Identify aspects of career development in the schools, including College Tech Prep programs.
Facilitating Individual Career Planning
- Explain why various skills, education, and training are necessary in preparing for the world of work.
- Analyze the need for school counselors to assist students and parents in preparing for the changing job market.
- Assess career guidance strategies that promote the success of career counseling for individuals from diverse populations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.