schc571 | Graduate
School Counseling Administration
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Advocating For Students And Promoting A School Counseling Program
- Examine methods of planning and presenting school counseling- related educational programs to administrators, teachers, parents, and the community.
- Promote counseling and guidance activities and programs by the school community to enhance a positive school climate.
- Coordinate efforts of teachers, parents, support personnel, and community resources to promote counseling program objectives.
- Advocate for effective school counseling programs, including identification of sources of alternate funding for program expansion.
Communication And Consultation
- Examine systems theories and relationships among and between community, family, and school systems.
- Manage professional relationships to promote program success.
- Recommend methods of working with parents, guardians, families, and communities to promote student success.
- Analyze theories and models of consultation and change.
- Analyze the role of the counselor as an advocate for students.
- Analyze the role of a counselor in a crisis.
- Examine crisis prevention and crisis intervention strategies.
Assessment of Counseling and Guidance Programs
- Assess an existing counseling and guidance program.
- Write needs assessment instrucments to evaluate counseling and guidance needs within a school setting.
- Examine the need for a counseling program in the pre-K-12 total school curriculum.
Designing And Evaluating A Comprehensive School Counseling Program
- Prepare an action plan and school- counseling calendar that reflects the goals and priorities in a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Evaluate specific strategies for meeting program goals and objectives.
- Utilize technology in the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of a comprehensive school counseling program.
Processes In Managing Comprehensive School Counseling And Guidance Program
- Establish a plan for prioritizing counseling and guidance goals based upon identified needs.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.