schcn571 | Graduate
School Counseling: Administration
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Communication and Consultation
- Analyze the role of the counselor as an advocate for students.
- Recommend methods of working with parents, guardians, families, and communities to promote student success.
- Examine systems theories and relationships among community, family, and school systems.
- Analyze theories and models of consultation and change.
- Manage professional relationships to promote program success.
- All objectives apply.
School Counseling and Guidance Programs Assessment
- Examine the need for a counseling program in the P–12 total school curriculum.
- Create assessment instruments to evaluate needs in a school setting.
- Develop a needs assessment instrument to use with a diverse school population.
Managing Comprehensive School Counseling and Guidance Programs
- Analyze the process of designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating a comprehensive school counseling and guidance program.
- Create a plan for prioritizing school counseling and guidance goals based upon identified needs.
- Examine crisis prevention and crisis intervention strategies.
- Analyze the counselor’s role in crisis management.
Designing and Evaluating a Comprehensive School Counseling Program
- Prepare an action plan and calendar that reflect the goals and priorities in a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Evaluate specific strategies for meeting program goals and objectives.
- Utilize technology in the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of a comprehensive school counseling program.
Advocating for Students and Promoting a School Counseling Program
- Advocate for effective school counseling programs, including identifying sources of alternate funding for program expansion.
- Examine methods of planning and presenting school counseling-related educational programs to administrators.
- Promote counseling and guidance activities and programs to the school community to enhance a positive school climate.
- Coordinate efforts of teachers, parents, support personnel, and community resources to promote counseling program objectives.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.