topic title goes here
Energy Balance, Vitamins, Minerals, and Water
- Relate energy balance to weight management.
- Describe the sources and functions of vitamins and minerals.
- Determine how vitamins, minerals, and water promote health.
A Focus on Life Stages
- Identify nutritional requirements for each stage of life.
- Describe how nutrition affects growth, development, and learning.
- Relate poor nutrition and childhood obesity to disease.
Fitness and Food Safety
- Determine credible sources of nutritional information.
- Analyze how fitness affects health.
- Recommend guidelines for achieving and maintaining physical fitness.
- Identify safety issues in food purchase, storage, and preparation.
Nutrition, a Key to Health
- Explain the connection between nutrition and health.
- Propose modifications in personal diet to promote good health.
Nutrient Sources and Significance
- Recognize how carbohydrates, lipids, protein, and fiber contribute to health and disease.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.