sci250 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
- Define antimicrobial chemotherapies and their impact on humans.
- Describe general properties of antimicrobial agents in relation to the human body.
Respiratory System Diseases
- Identify major microbial diseases of the respiratory system.
- Identify components of a healthy respiratory system.
The History and Future of Microbiology
- Define the scope of microbiology.
The Study of Bacteria
- Explain factors that influence bacterial growth.
Introducing Staining and Culture
- Identify the techniques and principles of staining.
- Classify bacteria according to taxonomic criteria.
Epidemiology and Nosocomial Infections
- Describe the scope of epidemiology.
- Define the epidemiology of nosocomial infections.
Nervous System Diseases
- Identify components of a healthy nervous system.
- Identify major microbial diseases of the nervous system.
The Application of Microbiology
- Apply microbiology to daily living.
- Identify major microbial diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Identify components of a healthy cardiovascular system.
Microorganisms and Parasitology
- Discuss characteristics of parasites, fungi, helmiths, and arthropods.
Microbes and Disease Processes
- Explain host–microbe relationships.
- Analyze different diseases and their relationship to human life.
- Describe the disease process and its impact on humans.
Viruses and Their Relationship to the Human Body
- Identify characteristics of viruses.
- Describe the classification of viruses.
- Discuss viral replication in microbiology.
- Describe virus-like agents.
- Identify the relationship between viruses and cancer.
Innate and Adaptive Host Defenses
- Identify nonspecific and specific host defenses.
Basic Principles of Immunology
- Define types of immunity.
Skin and Eye Diseases, Wounds, and Bites
- Identify diseases related to the skin, mucous membranes, and eyes.
- Identify diseases related to wounds and bites.
Urogenital and Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Describe components of a healthy urogenital system.
- Distinguish between sexually and non-sexually transmitted microbial urogenital diseases.
Oral and Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Discuss components of a healthy digestive system.
- Identify major microbial diseases that impact the gastrointestinal system.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.