sci162 | undergraduate
Principles Of Health And Wellness
This undergraduate-level course is 9 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Nutrition and Health Management
- Explain environmental, economic, and psychosocial effects of eating behaviors.
- Explain methods to determine the nutritional values of food.
- Define essential nutrients.
Preventing and Treating Chronic Diseases
- Identify reliable community and web resources for individuals with chronic diseases.
- Explain the immune system’s role in protecting the body from disease.
- Identify pathogens that cause infectious diseases.
The Rewards of Physical Fitness
- Explain the health benefits of regular physical activity.
- Identify the five components of health related fitness.
Environmental Effects on Health
- Explain ways the environment affects human health and wellness.
Healthy Living Choices
- Discuss guidelines for making wise health care decisions.
- Identify complementary and alternative health care options.
Healthy Balance of Mind and Body
- Identify resources that support psychosocial health.
Please ask about these special rates:
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.