sci201 | undergraduate
Survey Of Alternative Medicine
topic title goes here
Complementary Health Care Practices
- Differentiate between health care practices.
- Compare and contrast current regulation for conventional medicine and non-conventional health care practices.
- Examine the philosophies of conventional and whole healing systems.
- Examine the history of non-conventional health care practices or approaches.
- Describe how the mind/body works and communicates.
Consumer and Regulatory Issues of Health Care Practices
- Create criteria for judging the credibility of information on a health care practice or therapy.
- Describe how an individualâs attitude and belief about CAM could hinder objective assessments of reliability and credibility in CAM.
- Explain the difference between credentialing and licensure.
- Examine therapeutic uses of dietary supplements and herbs.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.