sci220t | undergraduate
topic title goes here
Nutrient Sources and Their Role in Health and Disease
- Determine the types and functions of proteins and lipids in the body.
- Recognize how carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and fiber contribute to health and disease.
- Determine the functions of sugars, starches, and fibers in the body.
- Identify how refined sugars and naturally occurring sugars differ from each other.
The Role of Vitamins, Minerals, and Water for Proper Body Physiology
- Identify the sources and functions of vitamins.
- Determine how vitamins promote health.
- Examine the functions and sources of water and minerals.
- Explore how the intake of minerals and water contribute to health.
Weight, Fitness, and Nutrition
- Recognize the relationship between weight management and obesity.
- Examine the energy and nutritional needs of physically active versus sedentary people.
- Explore the effect of exercise on health.
- Identify considerations for beginning a new fitness routine.
Lifecycle Nutrition and Food Safety
- Recognize how energy and dietary needs evolve throughout a lifespan.
- Identify best food safety practices to avoid food-borne illness.
Nutrition: A Path to Health or Chronic Disease
- Explore the connection between nutrition and health.
- Realize how nutrient intake affects current and future health.
- Determine how to evaluate foods for their nutritional value.
- Examine the processes of digestion and absorption within the human body.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.