sci275 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Terrestrial Resource Issues
- Describe types of minerals and the properties of soil.
- Formulate a solution to a terrestrial resource challenge.
- Describe the types of forestry, rangeland, and their natural resources.
- Describe the management strategies of forestry, rangeland, and their natural resources.
- Describe challenges associated with energy resource management.
- Formulate a plan for energy conservation education.
Core Concepts Application
- Develop mitigation strategies and solutions to an environmental problem.
Environmental Protection, Sustainability, and Social Responsibility
- Explain why environmental sustainability is an important concern of environmental science.
- Examine environmental regulations in the United States.
- Examine the concepts of environmental ethics.
- Analyze the causes of an environmental problem and its potential solutions.
Biodiversity and Risk Assessment
- Explain why protecting biodiversity and effective management of natural resources are important.
- Explain the value of biological diversity.
- Describe how risk assessment could be applied in a given environmental circumstance.
- Examine the flow of energy in ecosystems.
- Examine biogeochemical cycles.
- Describe living and nonliving components of a biome.
Human Population, Urban Development, and the Environment
- Analyze the factors that produce changes in population size.
- Describe the environmental benefits and challenges of urbanization.
- Summarize the causes and effects of an atmospheric issue.
- Examine the challenges of global atmospheric changes.
- Describe a key challenge to controlling air emissions.
- Analyze impacts of and solutions for indoor air pollution.
Water Resource Issues
- Identify the impact of human activities on a water resource.
- Formulate a sustainable plan to manage a water resource.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.