scin163 | undergraduate
Elements Of Health And Wellness
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Rewards of Physical FitnessNutrition and Health Management
- Define essential nutrients.
- Identify the five components of health related fitness.
- Explain the health benefits of regular physical activity.
- Explain methods to determine the nutritional values of food.
- Explain environmental, economic, and psychosocial effects of eating behaviors.
Healthy Balance of Mind and Body
- Identify resources that support psychosocial health.
- Define health and wellness.
Preventing and Treating Chronic Diseases
- Describe risk factors for common chronic diseases.
- Identify reliable community and web resources for individuals with chronic diseases.
Healthy Living Choices
- Discuss guidelines for making wise health care decisions.
- Identify complementary and alternative health care options.
Infectious Diseases and Environmental Effects on Health
- Explain ways the environment affects human health and wellness.
- Identify pathogens that cause infectious diseases.
- Explain the immune system’s role in protecting the body from disease.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.