sec100 | undergraduate
Introduction To Security Management
topic title goes here
The Role of Security in Contemporary Society
- Define security and loss prevention.
- Identify the differences between corporate and company security.
- Describe the roles of the security profession historically, and in contemporary society.
- Differentiate the security director, the security supervisor, and the security employee roles.
Security Personnel Management
- Identify standards for security officer recruitment, selection, and training.
- Describe several different types of security jobs.
- Explain the importance of effective security personnel management.
Security Operations Management
- Sequence the steps of the security inspection process, including threat assessment, and identify effective technology and equipment countermeasures.
- Summarize the need for risk analysis and crisis management.
- Define the purpose of security surveys.
- Identify best practices for business continuity plans.
Security Communications, Written Policy, and International Standards
- Identify types of managerial communication in the workplace and their importance to effective security personnel management.
- Summarize the importance of international standards to effective security.
- Explain how regulatory environment and written policy govern security operations.
- Identify components of workplace violence prevention and safety programs.
Ethics and Public Relationships in Security
- Describe the role of ethics in security operations.
- Identify the elements and purpose of a security investigation.
- Explain the relationship between the security discipline and law enforcement.
- List effective ways for security to establish and maintain effective community and client relations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.